Terms and Conditions
1. SMOKING POLICY:
Both Gorsey Hayes and Handel’s’ Muse are non-smoking properties. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside any of the properties on the premises, including the garage / stable block. Smoking is permitted outside the properties, e.g. in the gardens, but please dispose of any waste properly.
2. RESERVATIONS: Initial enquiries and reservations may be made by telephone, by post or by e-mail. Reservations will however only be secured on receipt of your Booking Deposit of 25% of the total holiday cost. Deposits can be made by direct payment into our bank account or by cheque. Bookings will not be accepted from person’s under 18 years of age.
3. CONFIRMATION: On receipt of your deposit, a Deposit Confirmation will be issued. This will confirm the dates of your reserved holiday and the total cost for the period of letting. A Good Housekeeping Deposit of £150 for Handel’s Muse or £250 for Gorsey Hayes will need to be paid, in addition to the balance of the total cost of the holiday, 6 weeks prior to the date of arrival. The Good Housekeeping Deposit will be refunded to you no later than 2 weeks after your stay, and as soon an inventory and occupancy report has been completed, provided that the property and contents are left in a satisfactory condition, keys returned and charges for any additional services settled.
4. CANCELLATION: Any cancellation made by the client, for whatever reason, must be made in writing direct to Oldfields Farm, Snelston, Ashbourne, Derbyshire DE6 2EN. Upon receipt of this cancellation notice, we will endeavour to re-let the cottage for the selected booking period. If Oldfields Farm does re-let the cottage for the whole period, it shall refund all monies paid (less an administration fee of £30 per booking). If we are only able to re-let for part of the period booked, then we shall refund an amount proportionate to the monies paid [less a) the lost rental for the un-let period and b) an administration fee of £30 per booking]. In the event that we are not able to re-let the cottage at all, all monies paid by the client shall be forfeited or become due. Oldfields Farm strongly recommend that clients take out their own cancellation insurance.
In the unlikely event that it will be necessary for us to cancel your holiday we will do our utmost to offer you alternative dates (subject to availability), or provide a full refund of monies paid.
5. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES: You are responsible for looking after the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of it during your stay. The property and all equipment, utensils, etc., must be left clean and tidy at the end of your holiday. You are also responsible for any breakages and / or damage to the property or its contents and these must be notified to the owner immediately. These costs will be deducted from your Good Housekeeping Deposit but are not limited to that amount. Never use any chemical including stain devils on carpets and no repairs of any kind to the property or contents must be attempted by you or your party.
You are also liable for any loss of equipment from the property whilst being occupied by you and are advised to check the inventory carefully on arrival and report any missing or damaged articles to the owner without delay.
Arrival will be from 4pm until 9pm on the day the rental commences and the property will need to be vacated by 10am on the day of departure. If there is any reason why your arrival or departure is going to be later than these hours, please inform us and we will try to accommodate you.
The keys to the property must not be given out to any third parties, and no permission is given to make a copy of any keys provided.
Noise should be kept to a minimum during your stay and no excessive noise will be allowed after 11pm.
6. CHILDREN: Children are allowed in both Handel’s Muse and Gorsey Hayes. However due to the high levels of quality furnishings in the properties we would kindly request that parents take particular care to ensure younger children do not cause any damage as any breakages or damage will need to be paid for.
7. PETS: We regret that pets are not allowed on the property. We can suggest a very good kennels if you require this service.
8. DISCLAIMER: No responsibility will be accepted by the owners for any accident or loss of, or damage to personal effects, baggage, car or any other items belonging to you or any member of your party whether arising from the negligence of the owner, or not. The owners cannot accept liability for the failure of public services, such as water, electricity, or telephone. In the unlikely event of such an occurrence we will make all reasonable practical arrangements to mitigate their effects.
9. COMPLAINTS: We hope that your stay at Oldfields Farm fulfills your expectations, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any aspect of the property or your stay please contact us immediately so that we can resolve the problem. Upon departure we would encourage all guests to leave us feedback so we can improve or build on our service.